The Birthplace at Dupont Hospital
For years, Dupont Hospital has been a birthplace of innovation, visionary healthcare and thousands of babies. At Dupont, we're committed to enhancing every part of your journey into parenthood. From our popular childbirth classes and online resources, to delivery, postpartum and breastfeeding support, you can relax knowing you'll be cared for every step of the way. It's easy to see why more and more parents take their first steps at Dupont Hospital's Birthplace.
As an expectant mother, one of the most important decisions you'll make is where to have your baby.
It's about connecting with people who make you feel comfortable, and finding a hospital that has the resources and technology to prepare you to take that next step into parenthood. At Dupont, our staff of experienced professionals are committed to caring for you, baby and the whole family. Visit us online, then come in and see for yourself. We're here for you.
Surrounded by technology, pampered in luxury. It's all part of the Dupont Difference.
From the moment you arrive at the Birthplace's private entrance, we're here to take care of your every need. From valet parking to your post-delivery celebration meal, our physicians, nurses and staff are here to make you feel like the most important person in the world. After all, this is your moment. It's what you've dreamt about your entire life. Welcome home, mom.
The Birthplace includes:
- Tours and classes for moms and families planning to have their babies at Dupont Hospital.
- 12 Labor Delivery & Recovery rooms (LDRs). Each has a roomy shower and comfortable furnishings, including sleeper couches.
- 24/7 room service.
- 24/7 OB Stat.
- A luxurious Family Birthing Suite with a whirlpool. The perfect setting for labor, delivery and the first 24 hours of postpartum.
- 27 comfy, quiet postpartum rooms.
- A large nursery with 20 bassinets. We encourage moms to keep their babies in the room with them, but we offer the nursery when mom needs rest.
- 14-bed Intensive Care Unit. The majority of births occur without complications, but our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit is here, just in case.
- A dedicated maternity entrance and private elevator that takes you right into the Labor and Delivery Unit.
- Advanced fetal monitoring systems that allow your doctor to monitor baby's activity during labor.
- State-of-the-art infant security system.